A mobile advertising network delivers solutions to optimize a company’s advertising strategies, track analytics, and maintain a network of applications to deliver high quality results across a variety of platforms like web and video. This mode of advertising gained prominence with the emergence of the iPhone. iPhone is the most promising bit of real estate for mobile advertising in the 21st century.
How to Select an Appropriate Mobile Advertising Network
Selecting an appropriate advertising network is an essential decision for both advertisers and application publishers. If you are an advertiser, you will opt for an advertising network that reaches out to maximum publishers, like app stores. On the other hand, if you are a publisher, you will opt for a network that provides a host of advertisements relevant to your user base.
As an advertiser, there are other factors you should know, such as:
- Analyzing your target audience and the objective of your campaign.
- Determining if your ads can be purchased on a Cost per Thousand Impressions (CPM) or a Cost per Click (CPC) basis. Since mobile advertising networks provide both the options, it is up to you to set the right pricing structure.
- Determining if the ad network has the right publisher to reach out to your intended audience.
- Finally, choosing the right reporting tool to track the performance of your campaign and understand user response.
As a publisher, the factors you should know about are:
- Analyzing the kind of information that advertisers are collecting from your application or site and making sure the information doesn’t conflict with confidentiality agreements.
- Revenue share with the advertiser for displaying their ads on your site.
- Determining the kind of ads being featured on your site, and if at all they are relevant to your users.
- Finally, determining whether the analytics is in real time. As a publisher, you want to know which ads the users are clicking and why.